Wednesday, July 29, 2009

How does one begin a discussion of one's life? I could start with "today is the rest of my life", but after reading the Power of Now by Eckert Tolle the rest of my life is in the future .... which doesn't really exist ... and the past is gone forever...

So ... here I am for NOW. A new life as a retiree, a beginning blogger, a new quilter, but an old sewer; and a new Weight Watcher (again???).

I am excited and also a bit apprehensive since I have started WW many times before. However, this time there is no vanity involved. I don't have to compete with the women or men at work. I don't have to impress or dress for success or worry about first impressions. I only have to get healthy so I will have the future that Eckert says doesn't exist!

I must say, the experience of no accountability is an interesting one. I have no deadlines, no
"should" or "must" to motivate me. I guess that's why I'm going back to WW and taking a quilting class. I need that structure in my life. I find it interesting that I can't provide it for myself. This is what I have wanted and dreamed of for the past few years. No work, no responsibility, no deadlines and pressure of work and building a home and moving and retiring. Now that I'm here I am relaxed and full of joy and wonder and yet...

So for NOW, I will close this blog so I can post it and see if I really exist.

1 comment: